You say he broke your heart and you can’t go on?
You cry all day and night until you think you’re going to drown?
Well, stop your sniffling sister,
It’s no ones fault but yours.
You let him get away with cheating before
And you’ve let it go on for years.
The first time he lied, well honey, you should’ve dumped him then,
Instead you forgave him and denied away his sins.
If you’re not going to insist on the very best
What in this big, bad world do you think your gonna get?
Sisters unite and demand the best
Make these guys rise above-
Don’t give into his indecent request,
Take your time until you find, he’s worthy of your love.
You’ve got to wise up to know what’s up.
Have the courage to be your own best friend.
Cinderella didn’t date the mice.
Snow White didn’t wed the dwarves, (ok, she lived with them and that wasn’t smart) .
Girlfriend your life’s not fiction
Don’t let someone else write your happily,
Candy Kelly's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bestfriend/Sister/Girlfriend by Candy Kelly )
- O women, gajanan mishra
- Storm, Md. Asadullah
- To Fall, Morgan Michaels
- Folks You Can't Forget, Donal Mahoney
- Sara, Birgitta Heikka
- ZZ Ebola Seen In Light Of The 1976 Swine.., Saiom Shriver
- As a salesman, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Eyes Lock, Saiom Shriver
- Gods Will Be Watching, Kaio Clark
- Midnight Conversation in a Bar, Donal Mahoney
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)