Daniel Trevelyn Joseph
Between 7 AM and 8 AM
Like a huge ant colony on a war move,
The cluster of cars zoom along BKC,
Hissing like wild beasts on a chase -
All this by 8 o’clock in the morning.
No barrier signal except one, and that too
Not honoured at this time of the day!
Is that pragmatism or lack of discipline?
Issue cannot be decided here near Family Court.
In the rainy season, the sound increases swishing
Thrown back by the high sound barrier wall
Attacking both the ears of walkers on pavement.
I should get up and walk before 7: 00 AM.
Let the pursuit of money, success and fame
Go on: human nature in society won’t change.
Traffic will go up and our society
Will move towards more pollution and accidents.
That should make me different
Buy a bicycle and choose lonely roads
To wander as a cloud,
And seek solitude and silence.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Between 7 AM and 8 AM by Daniel Trevelyn Joseph )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Untitle II, Seira LNlee94
- Robbin Williams - RIP, krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- Body and Spirit, Mwenyeji Spikes
- Abiding In Forgiveness, Mwenyeji Spikes
- A SPECIAL LANGUAGE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Other Side of the Gun, Vince Rogers
- Cruelty, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My day in winter, Tiku akp
- The Inner Vault, Mwenyeji Spikes
- Written Soul, Christina de Vries