Daniel Trevelyn Joseph
Between 7 AM and 8 AM
Like a huge ant colony on a war move,
The cluster of cars zoom along BKC,
Hissing like wild beasts on a chase -
All this by 8 o’clock in the morning.
No barrier signal except one, and that too
Not honoured at this time of the day!
Is that pragmatism or lack of discipline?
Issue cannot be decided here near Family Court.
In the rainy season, the sound increases swishing
Thrown back by the high sound barrier wall
Attacking both the ears of walkers on pavement.
I should get up and walk before 7: 00 AM.
Let the pursuit of money, success and fame
Go on: human nature in society won’t change.
Traffic will go up and our society
Will move towards more pollution and accidents.
That should make me different
Buy a bicycle and choose lonely roads
To wander as a cloud,
And seek solitude and silence.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Between 7 AM and 8 AM by Daniel Trevelyn Joseph )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- God ia not all macho, kalemeera collins
- My mom, Meenakshi Hariharan
- 2006 Tsunami, Meenakshi Hariharan
- Yes, I am emotional, Meenakshi Hariharan
- Perspective, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Let the music play on, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A Girl's Proposal, Meenakshi Hariharan
- Man, Katherina Palomo
- Move on, Edward Clapham
- Only the View, David Lewis Paget