Days of rain,
Of ashen light,
Of dull skies
And icy wind -
They to me
Are dear the most,
The most cherished, joyous, sweet.
Days of gloom and I are blood,
Bound by my childhood land,
Tied by memories so happy
They have left a constant brand.
Days of grey are fleeting ease -
From the time of scorching sun,
From the time of blinding shine,
From the taunting drops of sweat
Trickling down my breasts and spine.
Days of cold to me are haven -
Burning candles on the table,
Boiling soup, hot tea with lemon,
Books and movies under covers,
Long, slow nights with the man I'm in love with…
Days of cold are my own heaven.
Anna Kirshenbaum's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Between summers by Anna Kirshenbaum )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- affix me to your infinity, Mandolyn ...
- One Entire Little Puzzle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Young people, hasmukh amathalal
- The lesson, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Animal Rights(A Surrogate Hen), U Win Kyi
- Violence in silence, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Conscience, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Compassionate Bondage, Monk E. Biz
- Flowers on my feet, Cigeng Zhang
- what do you think, Edgar Stevenson