Merlin R. Sorensen
Between Two Spires
There's a spire that stands
as a sentinel.
It guides us every day.
Within the home with love and faith
It points the tested way. Under the spire there's experience
to save us a little time.
With just a little hope and trust
Success can soon be mine. On a hill far away looms another spire.
It gleams and glistens to one and all
True lessons to inspire. Between two spires we wander forth.
Who knows what looms ahead?
With all the shadows round about
There's no need for us to dread.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Between Two Spires by Merlin R. Sorensen )
- Comfort, Alexandra Motschmann
- ISIS and Anti-terror victory, Alexandra Motschmann
- Strange Coincidence, Khairul Ahsan
- THE WRINKLED YOUNG LADY, Visato Kiso
- The Preacher's Wife, Effie Waller Smith
- The Light of Day, David Griebel
- FAIRY TALE PRINCESS, Visato Kiso
- Flowers, David Griebel
- Apple Sauce And Chicken Fried, Effie Waller Smith
- Generosity, Babatunde Aremu
Poem of the Day
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Peace. A Study, Charles Stuart Calverley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(15 April 1958)