Bewitching Battle on Curdi, Pirate Adventures (16)
Completely reckless, I charged forward
advancing quickly toward her retreating form.
I gazed in concave eyes, her left arm stirred
unimpressed by the fury of my scorn.
I raised my hand and lunged with my knife;
she quickly sidestepped and I felt a blow
befall the right side of my head cold as ice,
stunned, I kissed the ground, then shaken rose.
She was more agile than expected
accomplished with the weapon of her craft,
I was more cautious, feinting, protecting
my flank as the witch spun her deadly staff.
I circled wide looking for a weakness
hunched over keeping my head and body low,
pressing close, hard, then retreating
as her eyes shone with a venomous glow.
I switched knife hands blade in then jutting out;
she countered with unimaginable skill,
I used the uneven stones to create a rout
moving in sharply for the kill.
I grasped her and splayed her upon the altar;
she kicked away my knife cutting her leg,
I attempted strangling with renewed fervor
ridding the world of this treasonous sage.
Powerful spells, words spewing from her lips
hoarse incantations with bedeviling sounds
unknowing I slowly loosened my grip,
her staff knocked me unconscious to the ground.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bewitching Battle on Curdi, Pirate Adventures (16) by Captain Cur )
Did you read them?
- gustakhi karke ched gyin uski aankhein, Yashvardhan Goel
- mukda, Yashvardhan Goel
- No More Yelling, Michael McParland
- The Wilderness We Abandon, Robert Rorabeck
- Best Lesson, sallam yassin
- Our Heavenly Souls, Robert Rorabeck
- Nightmares and Daydreams, Shane V. Hill
- Within My Mind Holds Dreams, Lilly Emery
- The Right Question, David Barz
- Confusing, george albot
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)