Beyond A Mother's Love
All these things the good Mother has received
with the tender passing of the seasons and the years,
each granted to be a second blessing to others,
so think of how true love begins in the human heart,
how the mind decides and applies that love everyday...
Love is a heartfelt choice that leads to an action,
the softness in the voice, the tightness of an embrace,
the smile on the face, the twinkling in the eyes,
the pat on the back, the quick kiss on the lips,
the nurturing spirit, the regular saying of prayers,
the holding of hands and the letting go of hands,
the birthday treat, the wrapped-up Christmas gift,
the great expectations, the words of comfort or praise,
the putting on of shoes, the taking off of shoes,
the washing of feet and constant humility hour-by-hour...
Without love, a family falls, spirits dwindle,
hopes melt away each midnight hour,
dreams change, fears freeze, burdens linger,
friendships become distant memories,
food doesn't taste as good, the days feel longer...
In truth, love lives in the here and now,
plans ahead, fights the trials and tribulations,
strives to overcome, seeks godly grace,
finds unmerited favour of the Lord, lets God in...
else all remains outside His sovereign will,
His wondrous purposes for each eternal soul...
Without a Mother's love, the world changes,
so how much is that change going to be
without our Father, who art in Heaven?
FAMILY... what does that mean to God?
Father And Mother, I Love You...
If only that were so for one and all...
Denis Martindale, copyright, November 2013.
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beyond A Mother's Love by Denis Martindale )
- TRANSIENT, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- எப்பொழுதும்!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Peddle Witches, Lilly Emery
- Salt on Watermelon, Von Kimball Barney
- Her Pain I Understand, Rohit Sapra
- Tolstoyan Observations, Mark R. Elias
- Our current world عالمنا الحالي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Incas, Nassy Fesharaki
- Fellow Lovers, Saiom Shriver
- Dark October Skies, Lilly Emery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)