Would you like to go, on a bike ride with me?
I will share all I have seen with you,
Of God's country clean air grown greenery.
I remember when I was a child,
And of the bike that I use to own.
It seemed heavier then, I seem to remember now,
And had fenders' made of shinny chrome.
I would ride my bike to school,
And it took me on my weekly paper route.
Do you even understand what I am saying?
Or even care what I'm talking about?
This bike I have now, is as light as can be,
Neither chrome nor fenders' have.
My old bike spokes, had some baseball cards pinned on them,
They were the ones I got from my Dad.
Well I've talked enough about myself and my old bike,
Let's just ride and enjoy this trails view.
I'm sure glad that you have decided to ride,
On this bicycle ride for two.
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Bike Ride' by Linda Winchell )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Inwards Bound, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- My Bangle, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Lungi Dance, You Have No Dance Item .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Imagine., Leonard Champlin
- Insomiacs, Payal Priya
- Empty Soul, George Egba
- Not His Cartoons, Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai
- what is a compliment, lee fones
- our Archie, our one eyed parrot, lee fones
- Thesaurus, lee fones