Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
No punches pulled!
Straight up and in your face.
A man tells of disturbing events...
Absolutely making no sense.
Speaks he does,
To a particular race.
And what they continue to do,
To themselves and children too...
Is a disgrace!
And saying so,
A stance he takes!
How can lack of discipline,
Be something to be admired?
How can uninspired people...
Expect so much,
With a collapse of disregard.
Entertained by fantasy!
Fed by delusion.
Nourishing empty minds long retired!
A heritage disrespected...
From neglect and irresponsibility.
Slipping and sliding into oblivion.
A conformity wished...
That is blissed with unconsciousness!
This truth expressed.
Is this the hopelessness digested?
Are the comments of Bill Cosby!
For his wisdom, honesty and insight!
'An ignorance does not deserve appreciation!
What it needs is an honesty that is bared and addressed! '
Thank you, Bill! I so admire your intelligence.
You are, indeed, a friend of humanity.
And a truth so many can not face today!
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.