Billion dollar Penguins…
Love is a Persian Gulf oil leak
far out at sea…
It makes migrating flightless birds
billion dollar Platform Penguins
of you and me.
From; shore to shore, ahoy!
From; plutonic love too lovers
time's oceanic; paradise desert flower
crisscross's a whole world, all…
fitting into one pipeline bower.
In all directions… nonetheless…
It's; seedling oil.
Has, but one direction!
Too well-up from; the hearts pumps.
No matter the mountains,
Salt-rock, seabed, suppression…
'O our love will flood across…
The Gulf of Mexico'!
If it means filling-up that petrol tank
And not letting, love, go empty.
We'll build a billion dollar Platform
just for you and me.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Billion dollar Penguins… by Mark Heathcote )
Did you read them?
- In The Blue Hour, Nathalie Handal
- The Day Monsoon Appeared Upon My Eyes, Narayana Raghavan
- Bethlehem, Nathalie Handal
- Maa, sushant jha
- Tonight, Nathalie Handal
- Black Beans, Edward Kofi Louis
- Humble Yourself, Edward Kofi Louis
- Gauravshali Bihar, sushant jha
- Exiled Sentence, Nathalie Handal
- Transcendent Moment, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- nugget, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- healthy back bag, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- rwetewrt erwtwer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)