Things all changed
when Billy Collins
walked across the Atlantic.
ever be the same,
at least, not in my small world.
must still be able
to tell you all about it.
did he always know
that I would make my reply?
that might have been him,
in Shenzhen, asking for change.
The one who
showed his empty purse
made of soft, heavy cotton.
He could have
been from Ireland,
though the accent wasn't there.
Or he was
the Chilcote man
who fed me fish from his hand.
poet nor Irish,
still, it could have been a trick.
There was that
who told me to straighten up.
While he did
make poetic verse,
he had no pens, only sticks.
Collins crossed the sea:
I'll have to stop and think.
some reflection on,
how much turtles remember.
And, is there
some connection with
the warp and woof of being?
Garnet Robbie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Billy Collins by Garnet Robbie )
- THE WIDOW, john chizoba vincent
- They Are The Bamiyan Buddhas, You Fire N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mundamala Kali, Bijay Kant Dubey
- LETTER TO A MOTHER 2, john chizoba vincent
- The Festival of Lights, Deepawali, Bijay Kant Dubey
- To Loving Partha Sarothi -A Token Of Love., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Picking At Sores, Kyle Schlicher
- Crazy, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- National Festival, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- I Must Make Preparations, Kyle Schlicher
Poem of the Day
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns