Things all changed
when Billy Collins
walked across the Atlantic.
ever be the same,
at least, not in my small world.
must still be able
to tell you all about it.
did he always know
that I would make my reply?
that might have been him,
in Shenzhen, asking for change.
The one who
showed his empty purse
made of soft, heavy cotton.
He could have
been from Ireland,
though the accent wasn't there.
Or he was
the Chilcote man
who fed me fish from his hand.
poet nor Irish,
still, it could have been a trick.
There was that
who told me to straighten up.
While he did
make poetic verse,
he had no pens, only sticks.
Collins crossed the sea:
I'll have to stop and think.
some reflection on,
how much turtles remember.
And, is there
some connection with
the warp and woof of being?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Billy Collins by Garnet Robbie )
(1644 - 1694)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Elinor Morton Wylie
(7 September 1885 – 16 December 1928)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Vaders gaan niet dood, Madrason writer
- Desires Finding Their Places, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Joyful Sounds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Last Horizon, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- i want to weigh the moon with you, Mandolyn ...
- Italian Birthday Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God's Most Published Poet, Tom Zart
- Fruitless love, Nero CaroZiv
- Misunderstood, Madrason writer
- Do what father says, Madrason writer