Bird On The Wire
Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.
Like a worm on a hook,
like a knight from some old fashioned book
I have saved all my ribbons for thee.
If I, if I have been unkind,
I hope that you can just let it go by.
If I, if I have been untrue
I hope you know it was never to you.
Leonard Cohen's Other Poems
Read poems about / on: hope
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bird On The Wire by Leonard Cohen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Draw Life, John Ugolo Umah
- The Journey..., John Ugolo Umah
- Soul, John Ugolo Umah
- Are You There?, Michael McParland
- Another Year, Michael McParland
- Another Day, Michael McParland
- Another Christmas, Michael McParland
- Another, Michael McParland
- Anonymous Girl, Michael McParland
- I want to be a serial chiller with you, Mandolyn Davidson