Bird Out My Window
I look out my window, I see a bird dancing atop branches of trees. Minding its own business, doing only what it wants. The bird will not sing nor will it dance when in a cage. Only when free shall the bird sing and dance. On its own terms shall it be free and do whatever it chooses to do. It will eat when hungry, sleep when tired, and fly away when it feels it is right to leave. The little bird that sings and dances, flying through the air so peaceful, so beautiful. Diving in when the coast is clear, flying out when shadowed in fear. A smart little bird singing, dancing, flying away. Doing what it wishes, day after day.
Plague Rose's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bird Out My Window by Plague Rose )
- Lock& key, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Will you accept my tiny rose, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Dig in me, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Shower, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Joy Fills the Night, Steven Federle
- Jelly, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Love Without Ownership (yeah right!), Monk E. Biz
- Fuzzy Fellow, Patrick Czyz
- Feel a human life!, Somanathan Iyer
- Last night, Krishna Shivkumar yadav