A matchbox home.
The treehouse has no sales tax.
The one-bedroom with a view.
Its thatch rug pricking thorns
and blanket keeping warm.
Surrounded by the watching eyes of Bast.
Does she bear the ankh or a scepter?
A tabatière musique with a whistling Bubo.
Its precarious vertical mast,
and finger-sized ring.
Embedded with a robin stone.
A fallen patch of sky.
The river crypt, falling west
like the setting sun.
Prospering, with worms a plenty in
The drag queen dad
with mascara lines
peeks at the hatchway.
His blue feather coat
and talented nails
secures tumbler with thunder-cloud down.
The evil eye brings Kamikaze
the blue mime, does karaoke
Worried about the change-maker
picking from this little purse.
This manifest destiny can only last for forty days.
The ground-spaghetti, morning steams.
To be free of the world on fragile wings.
How the worms wriggle and writhe.
A new Odyssey across an ocean Styx.
The queen returns from his wash basin.
The Cuckoo has stolen a lifetime.
The cat plucks up another jewel.
Doyen Lingua's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Birdhouse by Doyen Lingua )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- When all the styles be counted, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The stars were rolling, Emmanuel George Cefai
- DUMPSTER 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- When The Soul Sickens, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Diminishing returns, Emmanuel George Cefai
- LONG TERM RELATIONSHIPS 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Don't Think It Down, Susan Lacovara
- A LITTLE BIT CRAZY 10 WORDS, Beryl Dov
- LOVE VS. SEX 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- What You Create, Susan Lacovara