There is always one bird
in the earliest hour of the day
who raises a song,
with heartrending joy.
Who can hear this song and
not feel the bird’s emotion?
It knows the sun is coming,
the day is alight.
It breaks forth from its flock,
alone, and its song sounds as if
liberated from the deepest recess
of its soul. Hello day, hello sun,
here I am, again.
Soon, another bird hears, and joins.
Hello day, hello sun, here I am, again.
Eeeyah, oh oh, eeyah. Hiyoo hiyoo.
All across the valley, the chorus rises.
One voice, that one lonely happy voice,
has awakened the world.
Here I am again. Hello day, hello sun,
This bird met my dreams while I slept.
When I awoke, it was still singing.
Art Rosch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Birds by Art Rosch )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- What Saves Us, Bruce Weigl
- My Love For You, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Dream (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Don't Be Afraid, Ronald Chapman
- My Ode to Oluebube, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Dogs, Ronald Chapman
- Dog / Cat, Ronald Chapman
- Beautiful World, John Schwartz
- Mera Man......................, sonali kumari
- Another Sound, Neelam Dadhwal