Ronberge (anno primo)
- (Birthday Poem #1) For someone special
Today is the day!
Where it can't be postponed regardless of the weather
Where you may or may not like what you see in the mirror
Where you’re loved ones will say you never looked better
Where your friends will suddenly and gratefully become closer
Where life prices go up and car prices go down for the insurer
Where you know for sure you aren’t getting any smarter
Where the system will say you’re one year older
Who are you?
What are you doing?
Where are you from?
Surprised you made it this far?
Who will you be?
Where are you going?
What will you become?
Hoping for a better part?
So many questions to ask one
So many answers to choose from
So many wishes to send one
But to this person…
The important thing to remember is
That you’re still here!
And This, in itself,
Is Reason enough to celebrate!
Ronberge (anno primo)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (- (Birthday Poem #1) For someone special by Ronberge (anno primo) )
- You Are, Phil Soar
- Racing In A Yellow Cab, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moonlight Walks, Rajnish Manga
- Today, SALINI NAIR
- A Deep Knowing Inside, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- People Are Crazy, Phil Soar
- Believing In God's Grace, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Faded Night, Michael McParland
- Love Stories, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Classmate, Pradip Chattopadhyay
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1927)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Diana van den Berg
(4 November 1945)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)