Bits of Me
I think, maybe, if I took the time to pretend again,
everything would be just fine
and smiling wouldn’t be forced
and he would never have known how sad I am.
There are people who need to be put in their place
and taught a few lessons
on how to treat a girl, how to treat a human being,
but maybe we all need to take some notes.
I wish people would take into consideration
that I have a past too,
and that no matter how much of it I tell to you,
you won't ever know what it's like to be me.
Individualism haunts me in the most agonizing way.
Promises of independence and self-confidence
are never granted, but then again,
who am I to expect things in return
when I haven't even given anything?
I'm sorry you only hear apologies from me
when you deserve to be serenaded
Sammi Ama's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bits of Me by Sammi Ama )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- hey stickshift, it's like this..., Mandolyn ...
- Commodore Lionel B. Richie, Richard Thripp
- Her Kindness Is Real, Nihil Existentia
- TRAITORS خونة - خائنين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Will Bathe My Dreams, Kyle Schlicher
- For what is my purpose?, The Princess
- Mother. Mother., beresford mitchell
- In the waiting room, Anna Garland
- THEY CAN NOT KILL THEIR WILL لايقدرون عل.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Haiku And Fruit, Kyle Schlicher