Just let me feel your lips again
And offer me bittersweet kisses
Please fill my mind with foolish thoughts
Of optimistic blisses.
I want to hear your voice call out
A name that is not mine
Please call me names of hate and spite
Let me hang on your every line.
I want to see your eyes of hazel
That spear me with one glance
The thought of seeing you just once more
Makes me feel like I could dance.
And when I see you with that girl
The one you love today
Makes me fall in love with you
In a million different ways.
So offer me bittersweet kisses
Don’t let me know you’re lying
I need to have those infamous kisses
To hopefully stop the crying.
Topic of this poem: kiss
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bittersweet Kisses by Genevieve Pilat )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- [CW]Watch The Flash Season 1 Episode 11 .., Renz Barns
Poem of the Day
- Preferred Mode Of Relating, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- PH: Love: He Said / She Said, Brian Johnston
- Confuse not, gajanan mishra
- I have perceived you enchanting, Mark Heathcote
- Can't I?, Nisha K. Janine
- Making plans, Angell Afinowi
- 'While There's Life, There's Hope', Mae AC.
- Thoughts of her, Nick Kler
- A flaw, gajanan mishra
- Gaining status, Angell Afinowi