Black And White Keyboard
Whenever I’m at the keyboard
I feel I’m at home.
My fingers have been attracted to it
like bees to a honeycomb.
I started playing when I was four
every kind of song.
And still at age seventy- six
I feel an urge so strong
to play the keyboard every day
and create new harmonies.
My keyboard is the honeycomb.
My fingers are the bees.
Dedicated to my grandson Jackson
who asked me to write a poem about the keyboard.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Black And White Keyboard by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Your Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Im not her, Brianna Kimball
- LIKE AN EAGLE, Romeo Della Valle
- My eyes feel like cactus flowers, Jena Crowe
- No Escape From Hidden Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Demons, Brianna Kimball
- Multi-Tasker, douglas scotney
- Bottom Feeders, douglas scotney
- Love is Like a Painting, Paul Hartal
- Depicting Hearts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak