Black-eyed Susans For You, Susie...... [friends; flowers for a woman; SHORT]
Paul and I are not sure if the flowers’ “eyes” are truly black or brown,
but, if we could, we’d use a bunch of them....to fashion you a gown.
Then no matter what month it was, or wherever you might be,
you and Paul could look at you, in your gorgeous gown, and happy you could be.
.....well, you could imagine it at least....with no bees buzzing!
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Black-eyed Susans For You, Susie...... [friends; flowers for a woman; SHORT] by Bri Edwards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Unravelling / Shock, Nathaniel Tarn
- What you feel, gajanan mishra
- The last indulgence, Piyush Dey
- what you do, gajanan mishra
- And get everything, gajanan mishra
- The Workforce, James Tate
- To Join You, Edward Kofi Louis
- The real wasteland, Peter Hall
- Known In This Town, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Veil, Peter Hall