I sink into black water as I pay for my crimes. The darkness is endless I sink further & further into black water.
Memories flash one by one as I remember my life. Why did it have to end this way?
I screamed & tears blurred my eyes as I wonder why oh why?
My heart is lost as the shadows dig further. Life is sweet oh so sweet.
Shadows then dug further into my soul. I pondered my fate.
Then a light burst forth destroying my shadows. A man of great light had destroyed my shadows.
The shadows though still live on in the dark abyss that is a person’s dark soul. They never fade & never meet their end. Beware for they live in all of our souls.
Cassidy Hartwig's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Black Water by Cassidy Hartwig )
- Uninvited - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Through the down memory lane., Ruma Chaudhuri
- The Ladyton Spring, Dan Reynolds
- Bhumi, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Time Passes By..., Alvin Jenner
- Comments, Frank Avon
- Raining Hay, Julian Mann
- Belief on God, HARIOM RASTOGI
- Creativity, Tex T Sarnie
- Three Small Fancies, Ananta Madhavan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)