I sink into black water as I pay for my crimes. The darkness is endless I sink further & further into black water.
Memories flash one by one as I remember my life. Why did it have to end this way?
I screamed & tears blurred my eyes as I wonder why oh why?
My heart is lost as the shadows dig further. Life is sweet oh so sweet.
Shadows then dug further into my soul. I pondered my fate.
Then a light burst forth destroying my shadows. A man of great light had destroyed my shadows.
The shadows though still live on in the dark abyss that is a person’s dark soul. They never fade & never meet their end. Beware for they live in all of our souls.
Cassidy Hartwig's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Black Water by Cassidy Hartwig )
- The Jackalope Man Migrates, Bruce Larkin
- Wally the Warlock's Cauldron, Bruce Larkin
- Out of race, hasmukh amathalal
- Phoenix, Sujeet Kumar Vishwakarma
- आनजादनि आर'ज, Ronjoy Brahma
- Open Sky, gajanan mishra
- baskers two, Cee Bea
- Wonder Of A Child, Philo Yan
- Mother Is There, gajanan mishra
- Fake Arrival, Satish Verma
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1927)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns