I sink into black water as I pay for my crimes. The darkness is endless I sink further & further into black water.
Memories flash one by one as I remember my life. Why did it have to end this way?
I screamed & tears blurred my eyes as I wonder why oh why?
My heart is lost as the shadows dig further. Life is sweet oh so sweet.
Shadows then dug further into my soul. I pondered my fate.
Then a light burst forth destroying my shadows. A man of great light had destroyed my shadows.
The shadows though still live on in the dark abyss that is a person’s dark soul. They never fade & never meet their end. Beware for they live in all of our souls.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Black Water by Cassidy Hartwig )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Venice, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
Poem of the Day
- Beats of the New City., Jiya Acharya
- Somewhere In Fantasy Land A Wedding, Heather Burns
- Somewhere In Fatasy Land Bracken Elfshi.., Heather Burns
- Happy New Year!, Tushar Ray
- This Is Hell, Paula Glynn
- Nap Time, Michael P. McParland
- Son of the Carpenter, Olufayo Ezekiel
- Joel Osteen = Soldier For The Lord, Tom Zart
- Wake Up, Dreamer, Paula Glynn
- Peace Be Upon You, Michael P. McParland