I sink into black water as I pay for my crimes. The darkness is endless I sink further & further into black water.
Memories flash one by one as I remember my life. Why did it have to end this way?
I screamed & tears blurred my eyes as I wonder why oh why?
My heart is lost as the shadows dig further. Life is sweet oh so sweet.
Shadows then dug further into my soul. I pondered my fate.
Then a light burst forth destroying my shadows. A man of great light had destroyed my shadows.
The shadows though still live on in the dark abyss that is a person’s dark soul. They never fade & never meet their end. Beware for they live in all of our souls.
Cassidy Hartwig's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Black Water by Cassidy Hartwig )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Is life an error?, gajanan mishra
- Life's Connection, Sandra Feldman
- A TUTTI VOI, UN' OFFERTA CON AMORE!, Monk E. Biz
- Life...Please Come In, Kanwaljit Bhullar
- Sweet Home, Tony Adah
- Hello, man!, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Passage beyond, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- In search of singularity, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- I am real, gajanan mishra
- God-Love The Great Sugar Cube, Monk E. Biz