Blackberries And Strawberries
Letting go of blackberries in favour of strawberries
Creates illusion so that biochemistry defines collision.
The bicentenary celebrations are nearby to relics
Defending the faiths of their tranquillity,
Bleary bigotry bears fruit like serenity after dawn.
My letting go is my surpassing of you,
The biochemist swears to conceal a bounty,
Just as food ends with sorrow so like the beauty.
My cemetery is awake with nights and lights,
Celebratory days far outnumber the collisions
So like linen and silk, fastness and slowness.
This cherry makes me bold like blackberries,
The chivalry amounts to a flatness of the roof.
The contemporary person must be contradictory,
For he alone considers the philosophic systems.
You decide, and the driving of thoughts makes sense
As problems are afoot, with no more solutions.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blackberries And Strawberries by Naveed Akram )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- A Lonely Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Happy Birthday to A Friend I'm Missing, Akhtar Jawad
- THE BREAST CANCER JOURNEY, Rosie Bourget
- Wanting To Feel, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Submonition, Dorothy Kardas, Psy.D. Th.D.
- HURT, Rosie Bourget
- I'm Kunta, Ivan Brooks Sr
- Martin Chuzzlewit II, douglas scotney
- In my head., Jessica Amburgey
- Groove Of A New Sound, RoseAnn V. Shawiak