Sylvia Plath said; 'I will be
the very best me that I
always want to be with you.'
That says it all about love, right?
To be with that someone who makes
one want to be a better person.
A Jack Nicholson character said,
'You make me want to be a better man.'
You made me want to be a better me.
Virginia Woolf said, 'If you do not
tell the truth about yourself
you cannot tell it about other people.'
That goes to the heart of what
I have always said about love;
you have to love yourself,
which inlcudes bein' honest with yourself,
before you can love another.
I like to think, at long last,
that I am honest with myself.
Not sure about the lovin' part.
Plath also said, 'I deserve that, don't I,
some sort of blazing love that I can live with.
Deserve? Well sure everyone deserves
a blazin' love they can live with.
Is that not the highest form
of human achievement;
to find ones blazin' love?
In another context,
a Clint Eastwood character said,
'Deserves got nuthin' to do with it.'
I know I was not your blazin' love.
But you were mine.
And I do not quite know
how to live with that.
MacGregor Tagliaferro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Blazin' Love by MacGregor Tagliaferro )
- FUTURE GROWING DISMAL, Donald R Charon
- S. Truett Cathy - In Memory, Bill Grace
- A pair of eyes, Cigeng Zhang
- Dying In The Truth, Dexsta Ray
- The Purple Ant, Bhargabi Dei Mahakul
- Just For Me, Elia Michael
- A Sad Bird, Rohit Sapra
- we are a perfect promenade, Mandolyn ...
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)