Blessed, Broken, and Taught
I wrote a poem some years ago
"Are Tears Considered Prayers",
because of things so heavy on me,
I couldn't utter a prayer.
You know those things
you just say; "LORD! "
and tears begin to flow.
Those things; that's not to bring you harm,
but things that make you grow.
I've been blessed,
and I've been broken,
then shared the things I know.
Lord, how many pieces must I be broken;
so that Your Divine glory can show?
To find a friend, you must be friendly;
and I really try to be.
But the more I look, the less I find
someone who's quite like me.
It's as if You placed me by myself
so You can do Your master work.
And it's a lonely place for me;
and the pressure can really hurt.
But I have come to the point,
that I don't cry much anymore;
You're molding me into a new vessel,
that will give You glory the more.
Lord I trust You, Your will be done,
Your divine plan be done through me.
Holy Spirit help me to do God's will,
when trials are blinding me.
Phyllis Strong's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blessed, Broken, and Taught by Phyllis Strong )
- Touch the Air Softly, William Jay Smith
- Dachshunds, William Jay Smith
- Sweet Home, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Butterfly, William Jay Smith
- The readiness, hasmukh amathalal
- Seal, William Jay Smith
- Hindi Haiku ghazal (boond) हाइकू ग़ज़ल, S.D. TIWARI
- Behave like dog and not human, Aftab Alam
- A Pavane for the Nursery, William Jay Smith
- The Toaster, William Jay Smith
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)