Blessed, Broken, and Taught
I wrote a poem some years ago
"Are Tears Considered Prayers",
because of things so heavy on me,
I couldn't utter a prayer.
You know those things
you just say; "LORD! "
and tears begin to flow.
Those things; that's not to bring you harm,
but things that make you grow.
I've been blessed,
and I've been broken,
then shared the things I know.
Lord, how many pieces must I be broken;
so that Your Divine glory can show?
To find a friend, you must be friendly;
and I really try to be.
But the more I look, the less I find
someone who's quite like me.
It's as if You placed me by myself
so You can do Your master work.
And it's a lonely place for me;
and the pressure can really hurt.
But I have come to the point,
that I don't cry much anymore;
You're molding me into a new vessel,
that will give You glory the more.
Lord I trust You, Your will be done,
Your divine plan be done through me.
Holy Spirit help me to do God's will,
when trials are blinding me.
Phyllis Strong's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blessed, Broken, and Taught by Phyllis Strong )
- The Daughter of the Earth- 22, gajanan mishra
- The Daughter of the Earth - 21, gajanan mishra
- Self - Raising, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sunshine In Your Eyes, Eleonor Santiago
- Run, run, run and running, gajanan mishra
- Run, run, run, gajanan mishra
- What About Tomorrow, Claude H Oliver II
- My Time, Claude H Oliver II
- The ball, gajanan mishra
- Thousand Lullabies, Eleonor Santiago
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)