blessed i am
Though there are shadows on my brow.
And furrows on my cheek, in truth,
They're marks where time's remorseless plough.
Broke up the blooming swagger of my youth.
Though gone is every youthful grace.
That could win or hold a lover's vow.
Despite my old and faded face,
blessed I am that still somehow.
Samuel Newton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (blessed i am by Samuel Newton )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- The End is Coming, michael hagwood
- A pencil on a painting, Ntando.B Da poet
- Distance, Alex Rodriguez
- Fierceless, Alex Rodriguez
- A Thousand More, Smoky Hoss
- i think i left my hand in yours. go look., Mandolyn ...
- Wild cold of novemeber, Alex Rodriguez
- Far Off, Sentamu Aziz
- Mill By The River, Stratis Havarti
- Take A Stand, Saiom Shriver