Blessedness in brokenness
Upon that hill near Galilee Jesus fed
multitudes with the fishes and bread.
Nourishment could only be provided
once the food was broken and divided
And do you recall the jar was broken
showing her love without a word spoken?
For in breaking the jar she filled the room
with the sweetest of loving perfume.
Brokenness and contrition are the start
of the restoration of life and heart.
For only broken hearts know the feeling
of the sweet compassion of God's healing.
And there in the upper room Jesus said
"This is my body, " when He broke the bread
And the grapes had been crushed to make the wine
just as He was crushed for those sins of mine
For deep words of forgiveness were spoken,
when Jesus upon the cross was broken.
Whilst He was wounded and left there to die
"Father forgive, " was His imploring cry.
When the storm is at its worse Jesus knows
coming beside us His love overflows.
Embracing us with His arms opened wide
we can overcome when He's alongside.
Royston Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blessedness in brokenness by Royston Allen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(20 September 1902 – 7 March 1971)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- The ship of the desert, gajanan mishra
- Bright Star, John Keats
Poem of the Day
- God, Save Me From Indian English Poets (.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Hollow Reed, Midnights Voice
- गोजां बोथोर - सोरबा नागिरदोँ गुदुं गुदुं, Ronjoy Brahma
- Rainfall, hafiz qasim
- Reading Elizabeth Bishop's Poem 'Insomnia', Merton Lee
- A language, a race, gajanan mishra
- Reality And Unimagination..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Smile, hafiz qasim
- Soldiers' Living Tomb, Ima Ryma
- Winter In The Wind, Tony Adah