Blessing of Begetting Children (Section7 of Thirukural)
61. The wealth of being blessed with wise children alone,
we value more than anything else known.
62. The evils of the seven births shall not spite
when you beget children virtuous and right.
63. The wise cherish their children as their treasure.
And their fortunes rely on their deeds in equal measure.
64. The mashed food, which their children's hands make
sweetens more than the ambrosial cake.
65. Feel the physical pleasure their children to touch
and their babbles pour in their ears music much.
66. The childless praise the pipe and loot for the sounds
as they heard not the babbles which knew no bounds.
67. It is a father's benevolence to his son,
the council of the learned to lead and run.
68. It is good for every human being in this globe
to have children with more wisdom to probe.
69. A mother feels elated hearing the praises on his son men pour,
than she did when her son she bore.
70."What penance his father did to beget such a son? ", if people say,
that is the recompense to his father, a son should pay.
rajendran muthiah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blessing of Begetting Children (Section7 of Thirukural) by rajendran muthiah )
- Live Paintings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Colorless Light, Sandra Feldman
- The ragged men of Indian English poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Thoughts, nicholle gibson
- PH: Sin: The Wages Of Sin, Brian Johnston
- Ideals Envisioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- America Radicalized, Is It Poetry
- Just before Midnight, Frank Avon
- I and I, Daniel Erdner
- Love: Don't Bargain, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)