Blessing of Begetting Children (Section7 of Thirukural)
61. The wealth of being blessed with wise children alone,
we value more than anything else known.
62. The evils of the seven births shall not spite
when you beget children virtuous and right.
63. The wise cherish their children as their treasure.
And their fortunes rely on their deeds in equal measure.
64. The mashed food, which their children's hands make
sweetens more than the ambrosial cake.
65. Feel the physical pleasure their children to touch
and their babbles pour in their ears music much.
66. The childless praise the pipe and loot for the sounds
as they heard not the babbles which knew no bounds.
67. It is a father's benevolence to his son,
the council of the learned to lead and run.
68. It is good for every human being in this globe
to have children with more wisdom to probe.
69. A mother feels elated hearing the praises on his son men pour,
than she did when her son she bore.
70."What penance his father did to beget such a son? ", if people say,
that is the recompense to his father, a son should pay.
rajendran muthiah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blessing of Begetting Children (Section7 of Thirukural) by rajendran muthiah )
- ABSENCE OF LOVE, Ali Faisal
- Black Friar, Naveed Khalid
- AOA▷오피뷰◁모든 구로오피 송파오피걸의 모든것 OPGＡNＤA/ＣOM, sibngnu5 sibngnu5
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ구로오피녀 ⓑ송파오피 대란∠OPGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, sibngnu5 sibngnu5
- She looked a million dollars, Erato
- L.Messi 오피뷰 구로오피 KTwiz 송파오피 OPGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., sibngnu5 sibngnu5
- From the Lives of My Friends, Michael Dickman
- WHENEVER A LIFE IS TAKEN, Ali Faisal
- VALUE OF LIFE, Ali Faisal
- For Some Slight I Can't Quite Recall, Ross Gay
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Samra, Said Akl
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Love's Philosophy, Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Bright Star, John Keats
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)