God bless the little orchard brown
Where the sap stirs these quickening days.
Soon in a white and rosy gown
The trees will give great praise.
God knows I have it in my mind,
The white house with the golden eaves.
God knows since it is left behind
That something grieves and grieves.
God keep the small house in his care,
The garden bordered all in box,
Where primulas and wallflowers are
And crocuses in flocks.
God keep the little rooms that ope
One to another, swathed in green,
Where honeysuckle lifts her cup
With jessamine between.
God bless the quiet old grey head
That dreams beside the fire of me,
And makes home there for me indeed
Over the Irish Sea.
Katharine Tynan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blessings by Katharine Tynan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT, DIVYANSH SHRIVASTAVA
- FAKE MOTHERS:, Changez Ndzai
- حزب الحزن, نزار قباني
- من معادلات الحرية, نزار قباني
- A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE, DIVYANSH SHRIVASTAVA
- Nemesis, Nalini Chaturvedi
- When I Cut Your lawn, Malcolm Brown
- Death, Omobude Saint perry
- So U Wannabe A Holy Cow, Boy, sEaN nOrTh
- In Between, Omobude Saint perry