Blind or Deaf
Would you rather be blind or deaf?
A question asked always
Yet to answer direct it's never quite easy
When the answer can lean two ways.
To be blind some may say they'd rather choose
To get rid of any horrid sight
To see no more violence, false beauty and wars
Blind all the things that aren't right.
Yet to be blind the downside is
That you'd never see true beauty
Never see what the world could potentially give
The result if you cannot see.
Then there are those that'd rather be deaf
Drown out the sounds of hate
Mute all the noises of pain and destruction
A silent world is their fate.
Yet just like blindness, deafness has a con
To remove all sounds to the ear
Never to hear laughter or true love confessed
The result if you cannot hear.
So would you be blind or deaf?
Your answer only you can choose
Yet the real question here that should be asked
Is which would you more rather lose?
Genevieve Pilat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blind or Deaf by Genevieve Pilat )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(01 January 1950)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I am mad with Love, Mirabai
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Swachh Bharat, Swasth Bharat (Bharathiya), Dr John Celes
Poem of the Day
- Me, Myself, Tex T Sarnie
- For to Be A Poetess, I Left My Husband, .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- बैसागु, Ronjoy Brahma
- Chassis, Alice Cordy
- My Time On The Mountain, Orlando Belo
- A Degree of Intensity, Daniel Brick
- Oh, This Age of Self-propaganda And Publ.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- हारिनि इयुना जोँनि आखायावनो, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Honey Bee, Paul Sebastian
- Compromised, M.J. Lemon