I guess I never saw life, like you do,
I guess I don't see you, as my one true,
I guess I didn't care enough, to make it real,
I guess I never felt, the way you feel.
I promised that I would love you forever,
But darling, I can't, I won't, and will never,
You should know how you, make this all so great,
Any man for -you-, should a life-time wait.
I promised that I'd never tell a lie,
And when you ask for answer, I tell you I don't know why,
I know how you need my embrace, how you want my arms,
I know that you wish for me to protect you from harms.
I promised that I'd never cheat on you,
No matter how much I wish for it, this, I cannot undo,
I made love to her, like we've never done before,
I'm just a human who makes mistakes, and she's a whore.
I promised that I'd never let you down,
And nor will I, I promise you'll get around,
When you need soothe, calming or a friendly hug,
I'll wrap my arms around you, to make sure that you are snug.
You can do so much better than this,
I'm sure that sooner or later, you'll find bliss,
You're an amazing lady, sweet, pretty and great,
I'm simply the key-holder, to your happiness-gate.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bliss by Dan Lundahl )
- Uncompleted Quest, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- All-in-one, Edward Kofi Louis
- Make Me, Sentamu Aziz
- The Traffic Light, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bye Baby, Sentamu Aziz
- Homeland, Ibrahim Nasrallah
- Kylie, Edward Kofi Louis
- Childhood, Ibrahim Nasrallah
- Poetical Arizona Deserts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Freedom, Ibrahim Nasrallah
Poem of the Day
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Prison Cell, Mahmoud Darwish
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)