Chloris! I cannot help but blush
To meet that dark and glancing eye;
Sportive you mark the sudden flush,
Then feign surprise and wonder why.
Oh! have you seen the frozen stream,
That wakes beneath the sunny ray?
It dances in the genial beam,
It leaps to feel the touch of May.
Or have you viewed, with young surprise,
The tube that tells of heat or rain.
And watched tlie sparkling fluid rise,
And throb along the crystal vein?
Thus, Chloris! when thy dark eyes speak,
Quickened by them the blood will start;
Swift speeds the current to my cheek,
But has its fount within my heart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blushing by John Kenyon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Bon Boy, Birgitta Heikka
- At the Helm of a Dragon, Steven Rhoads
- I Am Only Human, Lilly Emery
- Happy Birthday To Bri! A Fantastic Step-.., Bri Edwards
- JUST ONE AND SINGLE, Juwon Daniel
- Love is God, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Precious gold, Mark Heathcote
- God is Love- 2, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Power Of The Mighty God, Lilly Emery
- I am a Slave, Madrason writer