Body Of Bone
The body of bone was a book,
Fragile fortress of strenuous work,
Books were of bone singing in the snow.
The month’s monument stood looking at us,
Years subsided to react with some work,
Grandfather wished his own destiny.
At this altitude we sink and swim,
Seas kept jobs to sink and swim,
Faster than the worlds of the women and men.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Body Of Bone by Naveed Akram )
- I Hope, Michael McParland
- Holding Fatima in the Light, Mohja Kahf
- Manifesto for the Chaste Wanton, Mohja Kahf
- Doves, Mohja Kahf
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
- On The Run In The Dream, Albert Martin
- My Grandmother Washes Her Feet in the Si.., Mohja Kahf
- Joan Rivers, Ima Ryma
- First October Twenty Fourteen, Tony Adah
- تحية طيبة, خليل مردم بك
Poem of the Day
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Viggo Stuckenberg
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns