Benjamin K Duncan
Technicolour dreams awash with grayscale.
Nightmares of heaven
A benevolent god maligned by hope
Lost in their own thought
Drowning in a haphazard mosaic
a dream of their own creation.
The god believed, one of tired elation
Drowsy with inert sublimation.
The ghost in their machine
Fears being found out
Being found out.
The dream that takes them away
Helps them allay.
They're still trapped in the carcass
Of their corporeality.
Unfulfilled in dull reality.
Benjamin K Duncan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bog lifemad by Benjamin K Duncan )
- Searching truth, gajanan mishra
- Thank You Lord, Athena Hood
- Finnish, Leslie Philibert
- Life shall turn, hasmukh amathalal
- Introverted Victims, Aisling Chia
- No Sheep to Count, Aisling Chia
- Sunset, Kwai Chee Low
- The Immigrants, Romella Kitchens
- Dream of Music, Kwai Chee Low
- An Ode to Coffee, Kwai Chee Low
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)