and the night takes all, my dear.
and you are left empty.
silence is everything, my dear.
no sounds, no touches
on your skin ivory.
and as your hair becomes alive
in light of flaming torches,
the ghosts asleep for aeons long
might on this night awake.
an elegy of night, fulfilling,
takes place of a guiding hand.
beware, my child, of silent moon,
for he must always lie.
Desmond Blaine's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (bonne nuit by Desmond Blaine )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Inner Eye, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Headless Rabindranath, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Extra-ordinary Lover, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- SECRET BEHIND CREATIVITY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The Prophet, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- PARKINSON'S DISEASE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- MULTI-TALENTED 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- the unforgettable circumstance!, Steve Jackson
- Human Nature, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- There, Susan Lacovara