Bow To None
Bow to none, not even to God.
But, if you must bow, then do bow to God.
For, He will forgive you your foolishness.
Man has created the ritual of bowing, not God.
Bowing to another is within the realm of ego and not of the Divine.
It was born out of misdirection and a misuse of power.
Power was never to be used to reign over another.
But to share with and to enrich the other.
Remember this and reign in yourself and never others.
Then you will know and experience the power of the Divine as you transcend ego.
Michael Hopkins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bow To None by Michael Hopkins )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Smell the RosesT, Bill Cantrell
- I Invited You To Visit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A New Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bluened Tones, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Thirst, Aufie Zophy
- Enchanting Essence And Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Much more, Aufie Zophy
- Awaiting Universe Claims A Seconds Thought, Terence G. Craddock
- Crying Sun, Bill Cantrell
- Opening Wisdom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak