Res John Burman
First moved into
This house I had a bed
And a rocking chair to my name.
And boxes. About two
A neighbour I
Was sitting on boxes.
I was eating off boxes too.
I was putting my feet
Up on boxes.
Later my new
Friend asked me if
I was still eating off boxes
“Not now” I said “Now I
Have a brand new
Dinner plate! ”
27th March 2008
Res John Burman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Boxes. by Res John Burman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Rembrandt, Phil Soar
- Margrit Biever Mondavi…..Happy Birthday .., James B. Earley
- Symbols Unremembered, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Restoration, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Lovely Fact, Naveed Akram
- Road to Black, Amateur Vagabond
- Her Unconditional Beauty, Mpho Tsakata
- Lead Me Into Light, Valerie Dohren
- Nature Is Full Of Cuts, Is It Poetry
- A SAD STORY IN A POEM قصة حزينة في قصيدة, MOHAMMAD SKATI