I am a person.
More baggage than you think.
Lots of problems to which could drive you to drink.
I don't want to be involved with anyone.
Because of the burden I have become.
Along the road of life I have travelled.
Lots of problems slowly unravelled.
Met this person who was a snake in the grass.
Alas poor me, I don't think I will last.
Was full of life and happiness.
My smile would attract women of beauty and class.
Yet I wonder why.
People put sticks in the spokes.
When I ride out on my bicyle of life.
I am tired of fxing things that weren't broke.
Sick of constantly being moaned.
I am a recluse who was asking.
Did not abdicate but was dethroned.
Thinking thoughts so negative.
Wish I vould have someone to talk with.
God had shut his door and leaves me with more pesitilence.
I want a world of happiness and pure silence.
Would sit in pure isolation amongt the mountains and the trees.
Listen to all the animals, birds and the bees.
My dream has gone now I'm so poor.
Couldn't get any more money for a cheap whore.
Sitting here master of nothing.
Surveying all that I no longer have.
I have become nothing.
Read about recluses who hoard and die.
He never talked much.
My neighbours would cry.
Fact is no-one was worth talking to where i live.
I wish to roam alone.
Just the clothes on my back and no mobile phone.
Miss the days of my big Harley.
Making love to many women.
God, help me give me some hope.
A reason to live.
Not to see the bottle of booze or the end of a rope.
I cannot feel sorry for me.
Because nobody sees me.
The invisble troll.
Another person left to rot.
Newspaper story sensationlised by the Dailly Grot.
Newspapers not worthy to wipe my backside.
This world has become dark and sick.
Lead me not to follow suit.
For I am not a sheep or halfwit.
A reclusive man with ideals.
But desire to ride an Iron Horse
Wind in my hair.
Shirt tail ruffled by turbulence.
Leave my worries behind.
Win the lottery.
Leave the vermin behind.
A handsome man's wish to breakout.
I Siddiqi 9.03.09
Ibrar Siddiqi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Breakout by Ibrar Siddiqi )
- Door to the Mind, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Traveler, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Pockets Of Lace, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Just You, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Cry of the Unwanted, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Beneath the Words, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Believe, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- One-way Mirror, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- An Invitation, Doyen Lingua
- Bougainvillea, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)