I want to find my peace again
Within this wretched world
Go back before the pain and stress
I felt had finally unfurled.
The solid ground I step upon
Has no purpose in my life
And the air I breathe with the echoing sounds
Pierce me like a burning knife.
I’m fed up with this world
The things I don’t want to bother
It seems to me my only peace
Will be found underwater.
And so it seems that I must plunge
In order for me to relieve
The stress that’ll fade when submerged
And I no longer need to breathe.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Breathe by Genevieve Pilat )
- Lock& key, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Will you accept my tiny rose, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Dig in me, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Shower, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Joy Fills the Night, Steven Federle
- Jelly, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Love Without Ownership (yeah right!), Monk E. Biz
- Fuzzy Fellow, Patrick Czyz
- Feel a human life!, Somanathan Iyer
- Last night, Krishna Shivkumar yadav