Edward Kofi Louis
Bred Into You
Bred into you;
And now, killing had been part of yout today.
North Side Gallery!
Making your statements in the name of violence;
And, to lay out your plans.
South Side Gallery!
As seen out there on the News;
Bred into you.
East Side Gallery!
And like roaring lions and evening wolves.
Making an empty show;
Eager to corrupt from the early morning.
West Side Gallery!
Bubblegum, bubble, gum, bulb, blue, gem, glum;
But, violence is no answer to peace.
Edward Kofi Louis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bred Into You by Edward Kofi Louis )
Did you read them?
- Brush Spit Rinse Repeat, Foster Teegarden
- I Am going now, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Goals, douglas scotney
- The Amateur Poet Drives to his First Poe.., Daniel Brick
- Away, Foster Teegarden
- the day i'll go, akash mazumdar
- i am sad: -(, akash mazumdar
- Fickle, Foster Teegarden
- Salted tears is just the seasoning, Mark Heathcote
- वाह रे नौजवान, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Percy Bysshe Shelley