Bridges to Yesterday
When the sun goes down
we need a light
so we burn our bridges down.
And holding each other tight in fright
We know we cannot go back
because all our bridges are down
...the sun has gone down
but a full moon of love is rising
We will see our way forward
I won't look back if you won't
there is no turning back
Are you with me?
The bridge burning away to yesterday
Too hot to hang onto, ouch!
Let it go for today.
Midnights Voice's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bridges to Yesterday by Midnights Voice )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -28, Ronjoy Brahma
- can someone pass the pistol?, Mandolyn Davidson
- Aqua Flower, The Princess
- Hostility Or Hospitality?, Terence G. Craddock
- my spine is a jerk, Mandolyn Davidson
- Welcoming Guests And Strangers, Terence G. Craddock
- How a knowledgeable person should behave.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Ups and down, hasmukh amathalal
- Warm-Hearted Hospitality, Terence G. Craddock
- R U hurting, Gregory Kelley