There is a room where everything is broken,
a room where gravity even slips gears.
Scrawled and aborted love poems
have been burned into the carpets
If it wasn't for the empty, cold drafts the air would stagnate
and fall to the ground in thick, oozing clumps.
Flies swarm the red wine that is splattered on nicotine stained walls.
Time doesn't fly here,
All the mementos,
the keepsakes of previous occupants,
have been drenched in diesel fuel and torched by vandals.
(The last 'real' life that has bothered to visit) .
Cold, autumnal sunlight enters through shattered windows,
fractured, sliced, and lifeless on Crystal Nacht floors.
A room frozen,
in the final throes,
Brevet Wilson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken by Brevet Wilson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Silence Is A Beauty To Endure, Monk E. Biz
- Home, Kindred velarde
- Why? Why? Why?, Praghyanjali Pal
- I Cannot At Will Summon The Tone Of Beauty, Shalom Freedman
- O, God, Neela Nath
- The Seed of Greatness, Silas Egbowon
- Metamorphosis, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Scent of the Rain, Steven Rhoads
- Limits to Eternity, The Princess
- Reflecting Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak