There are so many things in this life beyond my grasp. Dreams, aspirations, expectations I had for the future that just never could have been realized. I am a dreamer. You knew this from the beginning. And you were a wanderer – you loved deeply, but that love was flawed. Just as I am flawed. I am broken.
Like the toy that is thrown aside when something shiny and new comes along, you kept me because perhaps deep down you really needed me, but you did not appreciate me. I am the beaten and battered toy from so many tumbles into the back of your mind. And I am broken.
My flaws are real, there is no one on this earth that is perfect. But imperfect as I may be, I loved you with as much that any person could give another. I sat by you through bad times and relished in the good. I tried my best to fix myself along the way, to pick up the broken pieces of my heart, to give you as much love as I could. Yet in the end, I remain broken.
As unhealthy as this love may be, I need you. You are the glue that keeps the pieces together and you are the hammer that rips them apart. Each time I shatter the pieces scatter farther, taking more and more time to find. Will you be there to find the pieces to fix my broken heart or will you again disappear to leave me blind in the dark? I am still broken.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Broken by Ashley Morgan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- It came like a storm, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- please don't take her, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Car Lights (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Expression Eruption: Alcohol, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Death please came and take me, tsholofelo phakathi
- The Ph.D. Guide & The Girl Scholar (A Lo.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- And Were You Dreaming In The Licorice Ni.., mary douglas
- Por-por Chha Gaya.........., Upendra Singh
- It Is Beautiful To Act Like A Sattagerin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minimalism, Adonis Enricuso