My heart has been broken many times.
My body used in the most abnormal ways without consent
Visible to all were my physical bruises signs of all I’ve loosed,
My emotions and mental state has been mingled with, torn and blown away like debris.
Feeling like a pile of worthless pieces, used and broken, holding no value.
Placed on the back burner, like old trains discontinued.
My broken pieces wrapped in this reality like a twisted triangle
My pain burns like a candle, hoping I will untangle
My pain cannot be forgotten, the traces will never be hidden.
Wanting these pieces mend but this pain has me condemned.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Broken Heart by Shandeen Williams )
Still I Rise
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- WH Auden
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Scott Holland
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
- Francis Duggan
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
William Makepeace Thackeray
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- For John, Who Begs Me Not To Enquire Fur.., Anne Sexton
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- As I was walking, Walter de la Mare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Selecting A Reader, Ted Kooser
- Million Man March Poem, Maya Angelou
- Little Billee, William Makepeace Thackeray
- Refugee Blues, WH Auden
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda