Majestic is the dragonfly
With rapid flapping wings
Hovers, moves and flies
Delightful for us to watch.
Fascinating were dragonflies
As children we always chased
Felt as if I could catch one
But it always flew away.
Walking in grass I saw a slender
Body with a tail, it was a dragonfly
Its spherical eyes pleaded for help
It was one with a broken wing.
I imagined life with a broken wing
What a hell this life would be
Helpless I was to extend help
Compassion flowed from the heart.
Tirupathi Chandrupatla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken Wing by Tirupathi Chandrupatla )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Ask, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Starling, Maurice Whyte
- Who I Am, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Kangaroo Style, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- The Girl of Stone Age, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- The Tragedy of Gaza, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Mr. Mountain, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Dear father, Missau Missau
- Phenomenal Cover of Beauties, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Anecdote of a Neglected Man, Zillur Rahman Shuvro