Bruised My Soul
Bruised My Soul / Dark Angel
I take morning walk of you in my heart
That bruised my soul of long ago,
I watch the bluest skies turn to darkest nights
The cries that are in the rushing winds,
He is back again.
Dark Angel pinking over around the trees
Watching over me,
The silence of the birds that hum with time,
The moon forgotten to shine why I feel i'm
About to lose my mind,
In front of my house I see Dark Angel standing
Watching my every move, every words I am
About to say,
His eyes are so deep, he scares me deep within me,
The energy of his anger is something of danger,
Inside my mind he is playing games another time,
He is looking over my shoulders I am speechless.
Why my mind is wondering what he is going to do
Next.I stop and breathe within alone inside my thoughts
He starts to talk, Were have you been?
I see the day shining back in your eyes with life,
Salvation at it's highest.
What have you done? he cried out in the cold dark of
His lost heart. I just looked away and then he garbed
My face, and breath in all my grace of faith,
Expressing hate of my faith.
I became motionless again within, delicate and fashionable
Draped with the intelligent of night.
He lays me down on the grown touching every part of me,
Lusting over me, Saying why did you leave me,
As my eyes rolled back with the night cries in the air,
Why he plays with my hear, looking me deep in my soul
Telling me to never let go.
That I am the love of his cold soul and there is no other he
Wants to take control of, I am his dark love.
He draped his cold body over me and gave me the moonlight
That is in his eyes, and his dead-nus in me once again.
Latin words coming out of his darken soul with out control.
Speechless promises that he will never keep.
Hollow ground is where promises will never be found,
Neglected another time around, gloom hollow of a cold life.
Lilly Emery's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Bruised My Soul by Lilly Emery )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1924 - 2000)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A drop fell on the apple tree, Emily Dickinson
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- For My Pen, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- Villanelle: When countries slaughter mai.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Coywolf, Julyn Pride
- December Walk, Julyn Pride
- Conundrums Consequence..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Whats and Whats, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- No Answers To Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock
- Bridging The Beauty of New York On The H.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Hiking Limerick, Mr. Spock