I forgot what BTW stands for...between the wines?
Oh yeah! ...by the way.
Too much yesterday and hangover today.
Oh yes, enough to kill a teenager.
Once you start questioning your poetry
you'll be listening to teenagers.
You are not using rhyme, your muse is, dummy.
You don't write poetry...your muse does.
Your just the leaky pen.
Or in your case the timid typist.
Listening to other people tell you how to write.
Self doubt.Who in the world cares if your poetry
is good or bad...that is not the point anyway.
You don't write to please the Queen.
You write to no one out there that might be listening.
You write to the shadows.
You write to the physical ghosts that never existed.
It is not your purpose to write anything that pleases
Yes is best.
Just write and write to your hearts delight.
Poetry is measured by years not by the poem.
Midnights Voice's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BTW by Midnights Voice )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I PROMISE, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- The Spyders, David Lewis Paget
- Monsoon., David Lessard
- Unprepared, Disrespectful 'and' Undiscip.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Summer Nights, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- THE PRETTY SEASONS AND THE PRETTY ROCK O.., MOHAMMAD SKATI