I forgot what BTW stands for...between the wines?
Oh yeah! ...by the way.
Too much yesterday and hangover today.
Oh yes, enough to kill a teenager.
Once you start questioning your poetry
you'll be listening to teenagers.
You are not using rhyme, your muse is, dummy.
You don't write poetry...your muse does.
Your just the leaky pen.
Or in your case the timid typist.
Listening to other people tell you how to write.
Self doubt.Who in the world cares if your poetry
is good or bad...that is not the point anyway.
You don't write to please the Queen.
You write to no one out there that might be listening.
You write to the shadows.
You write to the physical ghosts that never existed.
It is not your purpose to write anything that pleases
Yes is best.
Just write and write to your hearts delight.
Poetry is measured by years not by the poem.
Midnights Voice's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BTW by Midnights Voice )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1923 - 1998)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Are You Drinking?, Charles Bukowski
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Coming Home, Slim Jay
- 'Words', Katherine York
- Love, Baki Yigit
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney