Build Me Up
I swear, I'm steel
Hard and strong,
But I'm not stainless,
All of you leave your marks
I just don't show them all the time
I hope you understand,
I hold the lives of those I love,
I can feel my foundation falter.
Before long, all that's left is me
Standing in the remains of the once great.
Build my pyramids while I'm alive, for when I'm gone I wish a sign of me is left.
Wandering as I wonder, shall I be worried?
Albert Witz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Build Me Up by Albert Witz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Wash away, Jessica Dehn
- The Thrill Has Gone, Robert Melliard
- सच बात है यही। SACH BAAT, hasmukh amathalal
- Those Sweetened Beaten Bushes, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Immature Minds, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- King James, David Lessard
- Waves, gajanan mishra
- having a stroke inside a straight line, Mandolyn Davidson
- leaving is losing a million things to say, Mandolyn Davidson
- Hopeless, David Whalen