The restaurant was comfy
And welcoming everyone
That comes in,
Its ambiance beckoning us
To come and dine.
We come to rest on the
Near the parterre.
The antiquated chandelier
On the ceiling stretch forth
The coconut place mat
I couldn’t help
But take not only
One but two,
without the knowledge
The coldness of buko halo
Like icy cold blood
Streaming out of our veins.
The scanty breeze
Make us chill… chill….
Mine knees are throbbing
As if I have sprain.
Tick tock, tick tock
Says the clock
After a minute or two
Oh! It’s time for us to go
I still have to relax
My knees and toes
But no matter how far
May we go,
We’ll never really forget
The delicious buko halo
And the splendid moment
We’ve shared through.
Cyrus Diaz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BUKO HALO by Cyrus Diaz )
- In bed, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The real moments of truth anytime لحظات .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- to the one who reads me every day on pur.., Mandolyn ...
- to the one who reads me every day, on ac.., Mandolyn ...
- WE POOR VICTIMs, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- Weekend thrill., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Just Before Dawn, Tosin Abegunde
- School., Harold R Hunt Sr
- One's greed leads to one's ugly and gree.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- When will I grow up?, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)