Burden Of Bad News
I’ve written enough similes to fill every verse,
hated someone enough to curse.
I’ve been in love and been broken hearted,
had to tell a few good friends farewell because our paths’ had parted.
Guilty of mistakes,
I’ve been the type to slam the brakes.
Too scared of feeling emotions,
that everything is an overplayed promotion,
to something that it’s not.
Never kiss and tell,
until the ship sets sail,
off to a far island where names mean nothing.
When a story is told,
the truth unfolds,
secrets that dance behind locked doors.
I’ve written too many similes to fill every verse,
with this I know that jealousy is my curse.
I’ve been in love and held a broken heart,
but I know when I tell my story thier paths will part.
Megan Tucker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burden Of Bad News by Megan Tucker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- COLORS OF THE DAY, Philo Yan
- Il faut charger les mots, Eric Dubois
- GOD'S RIVER OF LOVE, Tom Zart
- <<< I am not yet feeling nausea, Abdul Wahab
- Stop needless, hasmukh amathalal
- LOVER'S CRY, Owais Mujtaba
- Parler le silence des autres, Eric Dubois
- A Beautiful Life, Casey Renee Kiser
- Keeping people happy, Dr.Rajendra Tela,Nirantar
- Tristesse, Eric Dubois