Burden Of Bad News
I’ve written enough similes to fill every verse,
hated someone enough to curse.
I’ve been in love and been broken hearted,
had to tell a few good friends farewell because our paths’ had parted.
Guilty of mistakes,
I’ve been the type to slam the brakes.
Too scared of feeling emotions,
that everything is an overplayed promotion,
to something that it’s not.
Never kiss and tell,
until the ship sets sail,
off to a far island where names mean nothing.
When a story is told,
the truth unfolds,
secrets that dance behind locked doors.
I’ve written too many similes to fill every verse,
with this I know that jealousy is my curse.
I’ve been in love and held a broken heart,
but I know when I tell my story thier paths will part.
Megan Tucker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burden Of Bad News by Megan Tucker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Difference, hasmukh amathalal
- Own earth own life, gajanan mishra
- My Girl, Dasia Deas
- Silent Messages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the old man is bitten, RIC S. BASTASA
- ....and then an empty morning sky, RIC S. BASTASA
- Magnitude Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At present, hasmukh amathalal
- and then the night swallows her includin.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Cupid Pari, binod bastola