No president is exempt from contempt,
911 set the war precedent.
A burning Bush shows us our future,
A nuclear holocaust under this leader.
Teach your lies and have them televised,
Propaganda is not a modern design.
Your day of judgment is a fingertip away,
A press of the red button will seal your fate.
You put your destiny in the hands of those sent insane,
By the power they stole in the first place.
See the scar upon my arm,
A test of faith, a declaration of war.
Against the senses, so bring it on,
You misled, overfed, patronizing moron.
George Bush said I have opinions of my own,
But I don’t always agree with them.
Whilst Richard Nixon said when the president does it,
It’s no longer illegal.
It’s a crazy time, full of crazy people,
It’s a mixed up world, you can’t tell the good from the evil.
So smoke your weed, but don’t inhale,
Clinton’s funny when he’s not smoking dope.
I’m not allowed to say burn George II,
But smoke marijuana just like the pope.
The adrenaline gland of a human being,
Is better than any drug you can imagine.
But you have to have a supply of bodies,
So become a serial killer, if you want the best hallucinogen.
The Pope smoke dope and Jesus is my homeboy,
Are two of my favourite designs.
God is dead and Alanis Morrisette,
G. B. Junior is a waste of fucking time.
Kill the precedent and make a change,
Bring democracy back the U.S.A. and the U.K.K.K.
(C) 2013 Aa Harvey. All Rights Reserved.
AaI Harvey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burning Bush by AaI Harvey )
- Virtual White Teeth, douglas scotney
- Transformation, Amitava Sur
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 8, ramesh rai
- Space Of Time, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rail Blaze, Thomas Plotz
- Willing To Able To Do Your Best, Ronell Warren Alman
- When Tears Will Fall, Eleonor Santiago
- Seeing Answers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 7, ramesh rai
- Downside Up?, Von Kimball Barney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)