I lay my head down soundlessly
And watch my will trickle
Down my wedding white cheek
Until it is absorbed into the aphotic pillow.
The pillow that turns to stone
In the morning
To the same mourning each day.
From its Siberian snarl I indulge myself
On a new coating of salt
Whipped, weeped onto my face
Into a brute-basilisk masquerade;
My flawed affectation.
Those crystals age me,
Spin me into another false look,
Even after I've washed my skin.
I'll take a pill, that'll do.
I'm pushing away reality and forcing faked content through.
For this, I'm presented with a blood-stained certificate
Allowing me to talk to you
Though it's not long time before the evening shredder eats it
And you drop me in a bucket,
Hook your muddy talons around the grasp,
And throw it to the cesspit.
I return to my hungry pillow,
Another night feeding it with the eyes' milk;
With the left eye and then the right eye
And then back again
Like an 'o'.
I feel it lapping up my tears
With the eternal flames.
I turn and burn.
Sandy Player's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burnt Salt by Sandy Player )
- Reeza, Oh Reeza! ! !, Tito Ezra Zantsi
- The poetry touches, hasmukh amathalal
- Smart enough, hasmukh amathalal
- Coexistence, hasmukh amathalal
- Internet Trolls, Is It Poetry
- Isolation, Arno Le Roux
- Gramps Is Still Nuts about Granny, Donal Mahoney
- A SCARE COMES BACK, Satish Verma
- End of harvest, Nassy Fesharaki
- IT IS NATURE OF ALL MOTHERS, alexander opicho
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)